A dark, shadowy figure holding a trembling gun stands over an enormous, California king-size bed. The luxurious bed appears in pristine shape except for the blood-stained sheets belonging to the late owners, a husband and wife, currently sitting dead atop - one gunshot wound expertly placed between each of their brows. The bodies gave no sign of struggle. The husband looks to be in his early 40s, Asian descent with dark, handsome features, his hair a few inches short of his shoulders, a few bangs falling on top of his forehead and even with his eyes closed, his stoic face tells nothing except for a slight frown at the corners of his mouth. The man’s wife, who’s head rests on his shoulder, seems to be a few years younger than her husband, has long, dark wavy hair, beautiful, Brazilian descent, same stoic expression as her husband except her cheeks are still damp from her tears. Thunder booms in the distance, reverberating loudly throughout the grand room. A series of lightning shortly follows, illuminating the room like a strobe light in a nightclub revealing a barely teenage boy in dark clothes, long, dark hair in a loose ponytail that reaches down the middle of his back with a few strands layering his boyish, melancholic face. Tears stream down his jade-colored, almond-shape unblinking eyes as he tries to hold the heavy gun steady and keep it from shaking.
“Itachi, I’m scared!” cries a small child from down the hall.
Huh! Sasuke... The unknown assailant blinks back to reality and drops the gun.
FLASH FORWARD TO...
6year old Sasuke Uchiha lifts his head from his trembling hands. His face soaked with tears - confusion and devastation etched upon the boy’s angelic face. He scans around for a familiar face but all he sees are too many adults running around in Calabasas Police Department uniform. Looks like a very busy night filled with lots of noise he couldn’t really understand. Some of the officers were standing idly by talking amongst themselves, a guy in handcuffs was yelling words Sasuke knows he isn’t suppose to hear, another lady with too much make-up winked at him, which made Sasuke stifle his tears, cower and turn the other way. A woman cop yanked her off her feet which the make-up lady didn’t like because she started to yell bad words too. Sasuke lifts both hands to cover his ears and closed his eyes.
I just want to go home...where’s Mama, Papa, and Itachi? In his mind, replayed the gruesome scene he stumbled into - his Mama and Papa lying dead on their bed with holes in the middle of their forehead.
“No!!! Mama! Papa!” Sasuke cried out loud, violently shaking his head. A warm hand softly urges him to uncover his ears.
“Hey, it’s gonna be okay. My name’s Kate. What’s your name?” a calming voice asked. Sasuke opened his amber-green eyes to see a pretty detective kneeling in front of him with long, silver-hair holding a cup in one hand, steam rising out of it.
“S-Sasuke,” Sasuke shakily answered, wiping his tears with one hand.
“Hi, Sasuke, would you like a cup of hot chocolate?” Kate brightly smiled, offering Sasuke her cup.
Sasuke sniffled and slowly nodded. Sasuke took the cup and stared at the hot liquid inside without taking a sip. “Where’s Itachi?” Sasuke asked.
Kate displayed a worried look on her face. Sasuke’s eyes started to well up with tears but he kept a straight face and didn’t let his tears fall. Kate sighed, placing an arm on Sasuke’s shoulder.
“Don’t worry, we’re going to do everything we can to find him. We’ll bring your brother home to you.” Kate reassured him.
Sasuke managed a slight smile. Itachi, where are you brother?
“Excuse me, Kate, can I have a word with you?” an older male cop interrupted. “How you holding up, kiddo?” the older cop asked Sasuke with a concerned smile.
“I’ll be right back, Sasuke. In the meantime, you drink that hot chocolate before it gets cold, okay?” Kate instructed.
Sasuke nodded. Kate and the older cop walked a few feet away from Sasuke just enough so he couldn’t understand what the adults were talking about except for a word or two. He blew the steam off the cup as he sees his grandma talking to another officer.
“Grandma!” Sasuke called out. He was about to get up and run to his Grandma when she gave him that stern look she always gives when she’s dead serious about something. She shook her head and Sasuke immediately knew better than to disobey so he sat back down.
Grandma was never the type of grandma who doted on her grandchildren like other grandmas did. Papa said that she’s always been that way – nice enough but strict and harsh. Sasuke’s only seen her mean side one time when he and Itachi were visiting for the summer. He had ran inside for a drink of water when he walked by his grandma’s study and the door was left slightly open. He peeked in to see his Grandma with her very serious face surrounded a group of her bodyguards and men in black suits, some he’s never seen. They were always around but Sasuke didn’t understand why except that his family are rich and important so they have to have people to protect the family all the time, is how Grandma explained it. What caught Sasuke’s attention though, were the two men kneeling in front of his grandma. They had terrified look on their faces and one of them was actually crying. Sasuke knew that his grandma was scary but scary enough to make grown men cry, that thought shook him to the core but he shook it off since Grandma could never be that mean. Itachi found him a second later and dragged him away so fast from that door that you would’ve thought it was about to explode or something. He’s never seen his brother so upset and scared. Itachi said never to go near Grandma’s study. Ever since then, they haven’t been back to Grandma’s since Itachi always protested but Sasuke didn’t know why.
“Itachi?! Are you sure?” Kate asked incredulously. Sasuke snapped out of his flashback at the sound of his brother’s name.
“Keep your voice down,” the older cop insisted. “Yeah, there’s no doubt. The murder weapon was found with his prints on them. Poor kid, what the hell do you think happened to make him kill his own parents in cold blood?” Kate covered her mouth with her hands in shock.
Sasuke dropped the hot chocolate, breaking the cup and spilling the hot liquid everywhere. Eyes wide in disbelief.
Itachi? You killed Mama and Papa? Why?!
UPDATE on the FANFIC/COMIC DISCUSSION FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8TH at 6pm (Pacific):
Just wanted to remind you guys that I’m so excited for us Vegebul lovers to get our discussion on about longlovevegeta's First Kiss and everything Vegebul! Not sure why it took us so long to do this, right?! Below are the info on what you need to know and what to expect to get you ready for tomorrow night.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION:
· Must have a Google Account in order to access Google Hangouts
· For those who’s already familiar/have participated in TPTH’s BVDNs (Bulma and Vegeta Drabble Nights) – it’s going to be very similar with the addition of the participants will be able to use microphones and audio if they choose to. No videos, just audio.
· For those who doesn’t want to use audio, or a little shy about using audio, you can still participate via the chatbox.
· Here is mallie’s help for accessing Google Hangout:
Google Hangout Tutorial:
RULES/REGULATIONS TO FOLLOW (Please read these carefully before attending the event):
· Must familiarize yourself with the work being discussed – either by looking over it prior to the discussion or at least knowing the jist of the work being discussed, it is a discussion after all.
· Respect Others Opinions – you will be asked certain questions about the topic and we might agree on some things or we might not and if you don’t have the same opinion as someone else, that’s totally fine as long as we all respect each other; any form of rude, malicious, and/or hateful comments will not be tolerated. Participants must be respectful of the host, the guest, as well as all other members! Any disrespect will result in immediate action taken by the Mods leading up to member termination of the community.
· Respect the Author & their Work – before any Discussion events, you will be notified which work by which author is going to be discussed, it is very important that if you do not like/particularly care for the author or their work then please do not attend that particular discussion. This event was not intended to criticize the work or the author. It’s intention is to highlight a Vegebul fanfic/comic, discuss our appreciation for the work being made and the author’s/artist’s hard work and to let other Vegebul lovers know about the work who might not know about it at all. Remember, Authors/Artists work very hard, putting in a lot of time & effort in creating their art. They also place a piece of their confidence with us when they share their art. We can either build them up or tear them down. We as Vegebul lovers and part of the TPTH Community only build them up here. Tearing into someone or their work have no place here in the TPTH Community. It will not be tolerated. Having said that, as a precaution, personal questions about the Author or their life aside from their work will not be discussed.
· Respect the Speaker – if someone is talking, please do not interrupt them or talk over them. Please kindly wait until it is your turn to speak. Everyone will get their time to shine.
· Please Stay on Topic – please refrain from asking questions/discussing subjects that has no relation with the work being discussed like weather or the presidential nomination (sorry, just had to throw that in there XD)
· Just Have Fun – this event was created for us, Vegebul lovers to get together and have a place to talk about what we love without any judgement/criticism from anyone, so let’s just do that & have fun! XD
- your TPTH Mod, lilc_77 (lilc77)
UPDATE on the FANFIC/COMIC DISCUSSION on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8TH at 6pm (Pacific):
Just wanted to remind you guys that if you haven't checked out longlovevegeta's "FIRST KISS" then please do so and submit any questions that you have for LongLoveVegeta by this Saturday, Oct. 1st so I can get those over to her in time for our Discussion. You can comment, send me a message here or through Tumblr/Twitter. Just get those questions in you guys and I will hopefully see you next Saturday, October 8th at 6pm and let's get to discussing FIRST KISS!
Also, this Discussion will be through @ThePrinceandtheHeiress G+ community so you will need to use your Google account to be able to participate. You will need to use Google Hangout. There's an introduction & tutorial that our dear +Mallie V provided if you're not sure how to work it. Also, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns about participating.
Google Hangout Tutorial:
Thanks a lot! Hope to see you guys there!
- Your TPTH Mod, Lilc_77 (lilc77)